Sunday 19 January 2014

OOTD: Denim on Denim in Abu Dhabi

Casual outfit, denim on denim, fashion blog Skinny jeans, topshop jeans, acid wash
One of the things I love most about living in the UAE is the amount of public holidays we get. Last week, we got another one so my friend and I decided to head down to Abu Dhabi for a spa weekend at Jumeirah Etihad Towers. This was my getaway outfit - denim on denim, with my most comfortable pair of heels yet - (watch me sashay in motion in the video below)

  Chambray shirt, fiorelli bag, big tote bag, Gold bracelet, block heel
These Steve Madden heels are a welcome to my wardrobe - high enough to elongate the legs beautifully, yet the block heel makes it so comfortable to walk around all day in. Plus, that gold heel makes any casual outfit look like you put in a bit effort, which I certainly didn't for an hour and a half taxi ride to Abu Dhabi!

Big hair, kinky hair,mac lipstick
I really like that the chambray shirt gave the outfit a deceptive denim on denim look.
dubai fashion blogger, uae fashion blogger, big hair, casual outfit, travel outfit, topshop, steve madden shoes Topshop Leigh skinny jeans dubai blogger, travel blogger, denim on denim ootd,
Outfit details
Chambray Shirt - Topshop
Jeans - Topshop Leigh Jeans
Tote Bag - Fiorelli (sold out but more available at the link)
Bracelet - Mango


abu dhabi, sheikh zayed mosque, emirates palace

"Not all those who wander are lost…" ever since I saw this quote by J.R.R Tolkein on Tuulavintage's blog, it is the first thing that crosses my mind whenever I spot a beautiful view on my travels. It was also exactly what I was thinking when my friend took the above shot against the background of the luxurious Emirates Palace Hotel and Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

I'm still that little kid who gets excited by the view of the sea even when it is not particularly blue, who cannot wait for the plane to land so I can step on foreign soil, and who hardly ever wants to go back home. Just stepping out of my normalcy takes me back to that age and that is why I love to travel so much! Although Abu Dhabi is only down the road from me, it was still nice to take that break from Dubai and explore new scenery especially as it was only my second time there! More Abu Dhabi posts to come, in the meantime, here is my outfit of the day video x

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 21 January 2014 at 09:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great outfit!)Beautiful! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
http://www.elationofcreation

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: OOTD: Denim on Denim in Abu Dhabi

This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD: Denim on Denim in Abu Dhabi