Friday 26 July 2013

I'm moving to ... DUBAI!

Dubai-05
Excitement cannot even begin to cover how I'm feeling right now, I've known that I would be moving to Dubai since last year but August felt sooo far away that it just didn't feel real. Well, its real now yo! I'm off in a MONTH! OMGGGGEEEE!

I'd been keeping it a bit secret because I didn't want to jinx it, in case work said "actually, maybe you should just stay in London" or even worse, "maybe you should go to (some-random-far-out-did-I-say-random-and-dry place) instead!". I would have cried and that would have been highly embarrassing so I kept quiet instead.

Not any morreeee :-) It's confirmed, my flight is booked and I'm out in a few weeks! I talk about my move, how long Im going for, and my previous experience living in Paris in the video below.



I've also been compiling a MUST DO list for while I'm out there so Ive been gathering pictures all over the internet to give me ideas. Here are some of the things I have planned, which of course I will document on the blog and my youtube channel... naturally!

1. Make like Kim Kardashian and ride a camel in Christian Louboutin, as you do! 
KIM KARDASHIAN, DUBAI, ATLANTIS DUBAI, WHAT TO DO IN DUBAI


2. Go to Dubai Mall to see the amazing aquarium! 
DUBAI MALL, DUBAI AQUARIUM, TRAVEL BLOG
3. Grab coffee at this place...Can you imagine? 
and I thought the Starbucks in Opera, Paris, was amazing! BUTTATA MALL, DUBAI, TRAVEL BLOG, STARBUCKS,
4. Spend lots of time at the Marina - Apparently this is where lots of the bars are, its so pretty!
DUBAI MARINA
5. Go to Atlantis Dubai 
ATLANTIS, DUBAI
6. Visit the amazing looking water park! 
I'm wondering if those are sharks or dolphins. Or do I even want to know? lol ATLANTIS, AQUA VENTURE
 7. Go Skiing!
Dubai is one of the hottest countries in the world, yet it has a ski slope, albeit indoors. I imagine it will be a strange but fun experience so I'm up for it!SKI DUBAI, TRAVEL BLOG8. Increase my knowledge
It is imperative for me to learn about the culture of anywhere I visit so I will be using my best efforts to learn more about the traditions and culture of the local people. JUMEIRAH MOSQUE9. Visit the spice souks!
I love cooking and it will be a delight to explore the souks to see which new flavours I find! SPICE SOUKS, DUBAI, MARKET
10. and the Gold Souks!
Gold Souk
11. Go on a Desert Safari - I hope I don't need a driving licence to go on one of these!
DESERT SAFARI, DUNE
Desert Safari camp
  camp
12. Take one of these sun set shots in the desert ... amazing!
CAMEL, DESSERT, DUBAI, TRAVEL BLOG

See why I'm excited now? 
I'm going to make sure I replicate the epic day that one of my favourite travel vloggers, FunforLouis, had in Dubai. His video seemed like a lot of fun and had me eager to leave!

I'll be posting more about life in Dubai once I'm out there so subscribe to me on Bloglovin and on my youtube channel (Allisbelle) to stay in the know!

and the countdown begins...EEK!!!

Okay. I'm calm now. :-)

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At 26 July 2013 at 16:39 , Blogger Britt said...

OMG!
Congrats!
I am so jealous!!! I can't wait to see your pix :)

Britt @ One&20

 
At 27 July 2013 at 10:19 , Blogger Ado M said...

What an awesome opportunity!!? Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see your pics! x

 
At 27 July 2013 at 11:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mega jealous. But all the very best with your move :)

www.serenityofbeauty.com

 
At 27 July 2013 at 18:37 , Blogger Estefanía Ainoza said...

So great!! I love it!!!!

 
At 28 July 2013 at 16:57 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thank you!

 
At 28 July 2013 at 17:23 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your upcoming move! You're going to love Dubai. I went last year but have been before. The aquarium inside the Dubai Mall is great (plus if you're in to sweets, there's a massive candy shop literally opposite :) ). The water park in the Atlantis is lots of fun as there's so many slides plus areas to lounge around. The Gold Souk is a great experience too. Check out the revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar) in the Hyatt Hotel too - great views of Dubai, nice food and service too.

An old co-worker went there from London two years ago and is still out there. Another one is moving in a few days too. Enjoy your time and good luck :)

 
At 28 July 2013 at 19:13 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Awww thank you! im definitely into sweets so will check it out and the revolving restaurant sounds incredible! Thank you x

 
At 28 July 2013 at 22:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 29 July 2013 at 01:30 , Blogger Running In Platforms said...

Sooo fabulous, lucky you!

RUNNINGINPLATFORMS

 
At 30 July 2013 at 12:33 , Blogger cobainbride said...

How exciting!
Can't wait for you to keep us posted! :D

 
At 1 August 2013 at 10:36 , Blogger Jessamy said...

Oh my gosh! It looks incredible! I'm actually excited for you, hahaa, but also jealous but I'm fine with admitting that, it does sound amazing afterall! Hope you have a fab time and I look forward to updates! xx

 
At 2 August 2013 at 14:01 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, you are about embark on a amazing journey. Hope you have the time of your life whilst you are there xx :)

PYT

 
At 5 November 2013 at 21:11 , Blogger Unknown said...

But why the constant need to reiterate the point you were 'born in the UK' every other minute?! Does that somewhat validate you, hmmm Ayodele?

 
At 2 February 2015 at 12:56 , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2 February 2015 at 12:56 , Blogger Unknown said...

Living in Dubai and exploring the amazing city is a lifetime experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: I'm moving to ... DUBAI!

This page has moved to a new address.

I'm moving to ... DUBAI!