Thursday 21 March 2013

Spring Lookbook : Monochrome

 photo Collages2_zps38ee1209.jpg

You can definitely feel spring in the air!

It's a lot brighter in the mornings and I'm looking forward to being properly able to ditch the tights and jackets. For now, as requested, I thought I'd show you how I plan to style the monochrome fashion trend this spring season. I also had to make some use of all the monochrome pieces I have been buying lately lol (haul video here).

 photo ScreenShot2013-03-21at011112_zpsf486b3b3.jpg

The key thing for me with styling monochrome is not being afraid to accessorise with lots of bright colours, whether it be with your makeup (cant go wrong with a red lip) and/or accessories. Done nicely, it always looks good and adds a nice contrast to what could otherwise be a boring black and white palette.


 photo IMG_5014copy_zpsc01b8b84.jpg
 photo Lookbookblogpost1-001_zps89390663.jpg
 photo 22_zps132d02e3.jpg

I also think you can also mix things up with clashing black and white prints. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything appropriate in my wardrobe to demonstrate this but have a look at my video below for my styling in motion! You can tell I got a bit carried away making the video as it took me absolutely AGES to make as I was so busy and was being stupidly pedantic lol, so if you enjoy it please let me know and make my day!



Outfit details as described in the video:



The dressed up shirt dress:
Topshop stripe split side tee - I love that this is only £15 and so versatile!: (available here)
Topshop Pork Pie Hat - (here)
Zara red buckle sandals - (here) - I love these shoes so much I dedicated an entire post to them! (here)
High waist shorts: I got these ages ago but they are sold out now, but here are a similar pair.

The Pop of Colour 
Zara Striped Skirt: (here)
Topshop Basic skinny strap vest: sold out but Im pretty sure you can get similar from most stores.
Zara Blazer: Sold out :-( but Zara have a double breasted blazer I have been lusting over here
Zara block heel orange sandals: Sold out but I really like this pair for colour blocking.

Neon Contrast
Topshop Moto Acid Wash Leigh Jeans: here
Forever 21 vertical stripe chiffon shirt: (here)
Primark sandals: Primark dont have a website but Im pretty sure Ive seen this pair of heels in the store lately. I got them last year but Im quite certain they are still around. Only £12 too!

Work Chrome:
Checkered Blouse: Vintage - I got this top for only one euro the last time I was in Paris. I got loads of things from the vintage stores so you can check them out here if you want.
Basic Skirt: Forever 21
Zara Mid heel court shoes: These are the same ones in my last monochrome haul. I love the Mesh detailing against the suede, its more visible on the Zara site (here)

*Phew* 
That was a long post... thoughts? x



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 21 March 2013 at 17:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your outfits ! And am going to switch Youtube on my TV so i can watch your lookbook on wide-screen haha.

Much Love !

thecocodollzz.blogspot.fr

 
At 21 March 2013 at 19:16 , Blogger SG said...

Love the looks! Monochrome looks amazing with a pop of colour... Xx

http://sandrasayswhynot.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 21 March 2013 at 20:13 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

haha thank you!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 20:13 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

It definitely does! x

 
At 21 March 2013 at 20:49 , Blogger Bisous Natasha said...

Your video is amazing Adele ! Love all the looks ;)

 
At 21 March 2013 at 22:15 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thank you Natasha! Our chat last week was a major inspiration for me to push harder with it lol x

 
At 1 April 2013 at 05:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of these looks! Monochromatic looks are so easy, and they always make you look so put together. I'm obsessed with color so I like doing the same thing that you do: adding a pop of color to a neutral look.

-Mega from http://dressuponacloudyday.com

 
At 5 April 2013 at 14:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing!

http://www.dariaburkova.com/

 
At 7 April 2013 at 21:43 , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome video Adele! I love how you incorporated both photos and a video to capture your spring lookbook. Fabulous post and well deserving to be in IFB's Links a la' Mode!

XoXo,
Vanessa
Chiccitylife.com

 
At 9 April 2013 at 01:09 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

ditto! well said! thank you for reading!

 
At 9 April 2013 at 01:09 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

thank you for popping by, glad you liked it! :-D

 
At 9 April 2013 at 01:10 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thank you very much Vanessa! so sweet :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: Spring Lookbook : Monochrome

This page has moved to a new address.

Spring Lookbook : Monochrome