Friday 18 January 2013

The Box Braids are back - RED this time!


Photobucket


My Solange inspired box braids are back! As usual I get them done every January in Lagos as I never have time to do the braids myself lately. I love that its done really quickly - these took 3 and a bit hours! Absolutely remarkable! It takes me a whole day at least to finish mine!

I decided to go a with some red this time to brighten up my face. I didn't go too red though as that wouldn't suit my skin tone! What do you think about the colour?

Photobucket

I love how versatile braids are and they are excellent for helping to retain hair length! I had my last set of braids in for 5 months (with proper care - washing, conditioning etc) and they helped me grow out my hair long enough to be confident to cut off my heat damaged ends last year.

I loved those braids! My current ones are shorter and not as full as my old ones as you can see below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I talk more about the hair in my youtube video below. Im warming to these new set of braids a lot more... what do you think? xoxo



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 18 January 2013 at 16:10 , Blogger ashi said...

lovely! they look aboslutely gorg on you :)

 
At 18 January 2013 at 23:40 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thanks Ashi, you look stunning! x

 
At 19 January 2013 at 18:27 , Blogger Ire said...

Love your braids! Where did you get them done in London?

Just discovered your blog! I'm also a lawyer in the making! Following you :)
Black and Vanilla
xx

 
At 19 January 2013 at 20:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Just came across your blog. Love this post! The braids look gooood :)

Mo xx

withinmylocket.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 23 January 2013 at 00:22 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thanks a lot Mo! :-)

 
At 23 January 2013 at 00:26 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Hi Ire, love your name! I got the braids done in lagos so not London unfortunately. Your blog looks sweet! Im also following :-)

 
At 24 January 2013 at 19:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

I want to braid my hair again soon, and when I saw these I just fell in love with them!

PS: What kind of red/or hair did you use

 
At 25 January 2013 at 00:22 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thank you! I used expressions hair and it was a colour 2 mixed with 30 or 33 I believe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: The Box Braids are back - RED this time!

This page has moved to a new address.

The Box Braids are back - RED this time!