Thursday 27 December 2012

Music Meets Runway 2012

I am in Lagos guys...so excited! The first event I attended was Music meets Runway on 24 December 2012. Deets below.

Music meets runway is an event which combines Fashion and music! Guests were entertained by artists like wizkid and Naeto C whilst models showcased various designers on the catwalk.

Music meets runway was hosted by D'banj and the absolutely gorgeous Millen Magese, former miss Tanzania and top model

music meets runway



I really liked that menswear was featured too!
music meets runway
music meets runway
music meets runway

music meets runwaymusic meets runway
music meets runway
music meets runway

Wizkid!
music meets runway

My cousin

music meets runway

Me!
music meets runway

Didn't get a chance to take a picture of my outfit but I was just wearing a mini dress from Topshop I think, people dress up a lot here and its a sight to behold lol. I'd love to do a street style post once I get some dutch courage.


I enjoyed MMR, some people thought it was dry but it was obvious to me that a lot of work went into the event, so I appreciated that. For my first nigerian event, it wasn't bad at all. What do you think?

For more information about the event and the organisers check out

xoxo




Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 27 December 2012 at 23:26 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This event sounds fun, how exciting it must have been to be in the same room with all those people.
I love the outfits showcased and especially D'banj, his style is on point! :)

 
At 27 December 2012 at 23:59 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

haha thanks! It was a lot of fun!

 
At 28 December 2012 at 16:43 , Blogger Fiona said...

Hi thanks soooo much for this post! I'm all for seeing what Nigeria has to showcase in terms of talent whatever form its in. The fact that it was done in an entertaining way is even better :) How do you find out about such events?? I would love to go to something like this when I go there on holiday. xx

 
At 28 December 2012 at 18:10 , Blogger Kemdi said...

Looking good! The Naija fashion is really on point! Love D'Banj too! Gbono fele fele!
xx
letripper.blogspot.com

 
At 7 January 2013 at 16:32 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Thanks Kemdi! Dbanj is definitely an entertainer! x

 
At 7 January 2013 at 16:35 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Aww you are welcome! Nigeria is awesome, a lot of work needs to be done but its advancing at a rapid pace! A good place to find out about upcoming Nigerian events is on http://www.bellanaija.com. x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: Music Meets Runway 2012

This page has moved to a new address.

Music Meets Runway 2012